Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Diamante Poems

We have our first true assignment of the year. Students will be writing Diamante poems about the characters in Bridge to Terabithia. Diamante poems use single words to describe a noun. The form takes on the shape of a diamond. Each student received a sheet with instructions about what to include on the lines. We will then be taking their poems and transferring them into a final copy. The worksheets are due on Friday. Students may work on these at home or during class time when they are finished with other work. Books may be used to help complete the poem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ilke Diamante poem bcause I to
do poems

Anonymous said...

Mrs cannon what did you think about my poem.And how did you like my letter to Jess and that is true about my grandma.She did really pass away.