Monday, October 27, 2008

Happenings

As I'm sure everyone is now aware, I've assigned another project. This one is for social studies and deals with the geography of Indiana. I realize that everyone worked very hard on the Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing projects, which is why the map project is not due until November 7 (Friday). This should give everyone enough time to get it completed and turned in to me. I also included a copy of the grading page so that students were aware of what is expected of them.

Just to update what we're doing in class, we are going to have a quiz in Word Study tomorrow. We're also tying up some loose ends in reading before Mr. Laingren starts book clubs next week. In writing, students are finishing up their personal narratives, which are due on Wednesday. Mr. Laingren began teaching the math indicator on relationships between addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as a social studies unit on Indiana government and elections. Since 4th grade focuses on Indiana History, our election study will focus on the gubernatorial race.

I hope that everyone has a relaxing and safe Fall Break!

No comments: