Monday, November 10, 2008

Long time...

Well, I haven't posted in awhile, and I found that I was missing it. Everything is going really well in class. The students have adjusted to Mr. Laingren teaching full time, and he is doing a great job! He has the students reading some incredible books about children who learn how to survive in what can be a cruel world. They are also working on algebra, writing descriptive pieces and learning about Indiana's government.

I will be sending home conference dates and times on Thursday. Please send back only the bottom part of the sheet with the confirmation--I have copies of what I am sending home. Mr. Laingren and I are looking forward to seeing everyone and chatting about the first trimester. I will be handing out report cards at that time, as well. See you then!

2 comments:

sherri said...

do you prefer that the children come or not come to the parent teacher conference

Mrs. Cannon said...

I guess I like it when they are in attendance so that they know where things stand. However, I know that parents sometimes want to discuss issues that they would rather talk about in private. If there are no such issues, please feel free to bring your child.