Friday, August 29, 2008

First Full Week

Well, the first full week is under our belt, and I think it went pretty well. We began Just Read, which is a 20 minute nightly reading assignment. So far, everyone is keeping up with it. In class, we've been working on getting ready for the ISTEP test by reviewing. We also started to think about Indiana and what the land looks like. Next week, we'll start to get into what the land is made of and how it is formed. That includes a lot of hands-on experiences. It should be a lot of fun.

I'm also really looking forward to meeting everyone at Back to School Night. This year's format is a little different. I will have some time to talk with you about the expectations in our classroom and some of the specific events that will take place this year. There will also be some time for students to show off what they've done so far.

Please have a safe holiday weekend! See you soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a great year with you and all my classmates. you've got some sense of humor. I hope it comes out to be a great year.

From the Wild Ones(Hunter)

Anonymous said...

I stop by your blog everyday! It is really cool . I like your class a lot! From Emma

Mrs. Cannon said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the year so far! I think that it will get even better as we move along. You guys are a great class, and I think we're having a lot of fun while we're learning. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

YOU ROCK MRS.CANNON!!!!!!