Monday, October 22, 2007

All About Math

I'm excited to say that we had an awesome response from parents about coming into learn the lattice method of multiplication and column division. Tomorrow night should be very informative and productive.



I do know, however, that some parents are unable to attend. This is completely understandable. Under the Homework Help websites, I have linked two sites that show how to set-up and do lattice multiplication. I was not able to find a site that showed column division how I generally set it up. However, I will be sending home explanation sheets for both the multiplication and the division with tomorrow's (Tuesday, the 23rd) handouts, so be on the lookout.

If at anytime you or your child have questions about these procedures, please don't hesitate to let me know. I consider this to be one of the most important indicators we learn this year because it becomes a foundation for so many other problems that we learn to do throughout the year, especially when we begin finding the area of various shapes. If you need to reach me, you can either post on the blog or send me an e-mail by going to My Profile.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Cannon I wanted to thank you for helping me to be better equipped for helping my son with his homework should he need it. The time last night was very well spent. Thank you to all the 5th grade teachers for taking the time to help everyone.

Mrs. Cannon said...

Thank you to all of the parents who were able to attend last night's informational demonstration. The feedback has been very positive. As always, please let me know if you have futher questions.

Anonymous said...

Mrs.Cannon is math your fav sub its mine

Mrs. Cannon said...

I'm glad that you are so excited about math! I like math, too, but I wouldn't say it is my favorite. My favorite subject is probably reading.